Re: Features to cut (was: Statistical ledger)

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 15:04:49 -0700 (PDT)

There was at least some point in adjusting crop mixes, when you knew the harvest was going to be good or bad.  Interesting enough to justify the feature, I don't know.

Hopefully you'll fix the bug where the sacred time screen tells you that your herds are overcrowded and starving, while the agricultural screen tells you that you have huge amounts of excess pasture land.

(another annoying bug that jumps to mind: the crop-rich clan, in tribe making where you strike a better deal when dealing for their grain, the game converts it wrong....IIRC correctly at half the rate, making it actually bad instead of good (i.e. you make a deal that for the regular price of 20 bushels of grain you'd get 24, when you trade with them for food you find you actually only get 12))

Things to drop/simplify in my opinion would be:

A feature I'd love to see added (sorry!) would be either an option, event, or automatic feature, where with trading partners you could convert excess of one good for another (so you have not just a general trade relationship, but in particular every year you send them some extra grain and get horses, or whatever.  This should not be at as good a rate as sending missions, as you don't want to supersede those).

Another thing I'd like to see is some way of knowing when we are near our limit of temples/shrines, etc.