Re: Sleazy Weaponthane Tricks

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 07:39:41 -0700 (PDT)

I don't think blocking this trick would be worth the effort.  And yes, I do this quite often, especially in early years in peace clans.

I do find that the number of weaponthanes can matter, especially when you don't have a lot of war type blessings active yet nor heroic in combat war leaders.  In other words, sometimes in the short run it is easier to build up weaponthanes than those longer term investments.  Once you have all of those in place, you'll lose so infrequently that a few more warriors doesn't seem to matter as much.

Actually, something that I don't expect to get changed, but I'll mention it....if you play fairly well, the long game gets boring at the end.  Typically I find that by the time I'm tribal king, my clan has a couple of years supply of food, hundreds of cows worth of goods, large herds, good amounts of land (have usually displaced a neighboring feuding clan by then), solid defenses, well trained leaders, etc.   I suppose it should be possible to win the long game without such excess, but at the same time it would be nice if you faced things that actually stressed you more....like perhaps if the golden horde were more apt to actually pillage you severely?  Or if there would be a (less than totally apocalyptic) attack from your enemies near the end, one strong enough that you would be bound to lose resources in some manner?

io.com>