Re: Sleazy Weaponthane Tricks

From: outis02 <uly_at_...>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 16:00:37 -0000

Hmm, I didn't have the same experience. I found that having, say, more than 20 thanes doesn't significantly increas the chance of winning a battle. I still got myself wooped at fairly regular interval, despite being having pretty good morale, blessings, etc., and having very good warleaders. Alas, outcomes of war seems very random.

As for late-game progression, yes it can get quite boring. In early to mid game, you have an interesting event several times an year. But towards late game you can easily go on a few years without any significant event or challenges.

However, I've ran into a situations where significant food shortage hit all of Dragon Pass in late game. At this point the game became almost unwinnable: I quickly ran out of people to trade with, and eventually died of starvation. This happend to me maybe maybe twice or thrice on Hard.