Re: Re: iOS issues

From: Michael Akinde <michael.yahoo_at_...>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 19:23:27 +0200

  On 9/2/2010 6:35 PM, David Dunham wrote:
>> 2. The game help is just a web link, which requires firing up Safari to
>> view the help and then waiting for the game to reload itself when done.
> I haven't figured out quite how to do the manual, but an obvious idea is an embedded WebKit view. (Having it as a separate web page is good too, in that you could view it on a separate device.) Completely different OS, of course, but my method of choice is to do a web view - with a clear help button on each view providing access to contextual help. Also, access to the full manual (also in a web view) from the menu system. This seems to work pretty well, and has minimized the number of complaints I've seen from people not understanding the game/interface (of course one still gets the occasional person who apparently can't read, but that is inevitable).

Just taking a look at KODP again reminds me just how information dense the game is in many ways, so even though the game is a natural fit for mobile devices, in many ways, there are certainly challenges involved here. Looking forward to seeing how you solve the problem of presenting the council, etc.

Regards,

Michael A.