Re: Battle Objectives

From: James Sterrett <James.Sterrett_at_...>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 17:25:20 -0500

> It's only one radio button, but I'm wondering if anyone bothers with the "Destroy fortifications" objective when raiding another clan. It does what it says, but I'm guessing most people would rather have the plunder (or one of the other options).

I never use it.

> I'm also seriously debating removing "Seize their land," because it works less well. I know some players like it, but KoDP was not designed to be a "conquer the map" type of game, and succeeding with this objective more than once or twice can get wonky.

If you remove it, then are you also going to drive players to always take the largest possible tula, since the territory cannot be lost and no more can be gained? (In my (stickpicker!) experience, bigger tula = more land for economics = more food/cattle/goods = more capability to deal with events.)

--
James Sterrett
james.sterrett_at_...