Re: Sacred Time Magic

From: outis02 <uly_at_...>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 04:46:08 -0000

I generally pay a lot of attention to getting magic, through treasures, etc. I generally won't have a big shortage after a few years, and after a decade I could usually splurge on useless stuff.

Children: I might have used it a few times, but generally I avoid it like the plague. I tend to have much more problem with overpopulation. Sometimes I would even ignore the sick in order to maintain a lean tribe. But, yes, I can see it being useful for a different play style.

Crops and Herds are generally pretty necessary IMO, especially in Hard.

Diplo, War and Trade are moderately useful, depending on the kind of clan I'm playing. Sometimes I would pretty much have them on throughout the game.

Hunting seems very useless... only when I'm desperate with explorations.

Mysteries is a bit problematic: it's useful in the early game. But once you've learnt all the mysteries, it becomes completely useless. As far as I know it doesn't contribute to anything else. It seems to me that this should be the most obvious feature to be taken out.

Heroism and Destiny: the problem with these two is that they are a bit cryptic. Especially Destiny: is it just something that speeds up the endgame? If so, it seems a rather odd design decision -- wouldn't mind to see it gone. And what did Heroism do again? Increase reputation or something? Can't remember off my head now...