Re: Sacred Time Magic

From: Edward Bornstein <button_at_...>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 12:33:58 -0500 (CDT)

> Children

I usually do, unless the clan is really large or really outstripping the herds. My vague rule is you want at least as many cows as people ideally.

> Crops

Often, especially if food stocks are low or the harvest omens are poor. (also for poor harvest omens push rye fraction up and wheat fraction down.  Reverse this for good harvest omens.)

> Diplomacy

Not usually, unless I anticipate deal making, or magic is plentiful.

> Health

Usually, especially if lots of raids or in the offing or if lots of people are sick or wounded.

> Herds

Always, because you can't be too rich, too thin, or have too many cows. Or sheep.

> Hunting

Usually, it seems like cheap food and bonus patrolling.

> Mysteries

Usually not, I just figure I'll spend a little more in good to sacrifice.

> Quests

Yes, if I plan to quest this year, which usually means I didn't quest last year.

> Trade

Usually, to help make the goods to sacrifice per mysteries above, plus everything else they are good for.

> War

Sometimes. If a lot of raids seem likely, or magic is plentiful this year.

> and in the late game,
>
> Destiny

Almost certainly.

> Heroism.)