Re: Re: A couple questions about using the interface

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 06:31:21 -0700 (PDT)

Just a general note about the notes and reminders:  I don't know about anyone else, but I often played the game in a lot of short spurts (10 minutes while my son was reading before bedtime, five minutes in the morning while having my breakfast, a few turns kind of casually played while catching the end of a hockey game, that sort of thing).  So the notes, of all sorts, were really important, even something that happened last year might have have a number of days and a couple of play sessions ago.

I'd think the Iphone app would lend itself to exactly this sort of playing, so a quick way of knowing current agreements and imperatives and time limited blessings would be really nice (ideally one click to see that Orlanth and Issaries want us to have more treasures by the end of the year, we need to learn one of Odayla's blessings or he'll take away the game, we have agreed not to raid the hated Anmaring clan for seven more seasons, and that we currently have Uralda's blessing to help deal with bull-headed people thanks to a heroquest).    With that in I'd barely care about the saga....and the game must be tracking that information already, so it would be a question of how hard it was to code that summary.

Subject: Re: Re: A couple questions about using the interface To: KingOfDragonPass_at_yahoogroups.com

      Yes, but the long-term ones are hard to find in the clan history,

especially if you aren't sure what year they took place. Finding the

term of the agreement with the fox, in particular, has always been

such a chore that I usually just wait ten years instead of five to be

sure I won't break the agreement.

I grant you that the short-term Sacred Time events are right there at

the start of the year, and therefore easy to find, but too often I

forget to check history when restarting from save. I was hoping that

your new Auto-Notes would be more prominent and perhaps shorter and

simpler -- or at least would have a short, simple summary before the

more florid entry for the year.

On 10/31/2010, David Dunham <david_at_...> wrote:

>>> Auto-notes are one of the main goals, so I'm curious what else should be

>>> there. "We recruited 4 weaponthanes" seems well below the bar. Raids and