Re: What's the hardest part?

From: outis02 <uly_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 01:40:02 -0000

I agree with Bryan completely. If it's any other game, it'd be cosidered badly balanced. The thing is that only at the beginning there is a sense of urgency. But as you build up the tula, learn all the myths, there are less and less to do on a per-turn basis. Past mid-game it's generally just a matter of tweaking an already working strategy. Of course, it's a this point we start looking for trouble, but then we can do this at a leisurely pace and usually have enough time to recover from any disaster.

I've actually deliberately left myself defenseless for a long time. Of course I suffered from a lot of attacks, but I then I've never actually been really damaged by raids.

There are some difficulties in heroquesting and tribemaking, but again you can do these at your own pace -- there's no urgency to it.

The only "difficulty" I've experienced past mid-game is the inexplicable food underproduction, which I've posted about before. But I'm still not sure if it wasn't a weird bug.

Lastly, not really a balancing issue, but if you were going to tweak the game somewhat, I'd love to see jesters a bit more frequently. They are so rare that they are almost exclusive to the beginning.