Re: What's the hardest part?

From: Meredith Dixon <dixonm_at_...>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 14:47:46 +1300

Bear in mind, in reading my comments, that I always play on Easy. I've tried Normal a few times and it's always been too hard to be worth bothering with. And I still find the game a challenge.

I think the biggest problem for the inexperienced player is that you can't just let the grain/pasture allocation alone and hope to survive.  You have to go in in the first year and max out grain production to, but not beyond, the point of diminishing returns, ignoring your ring's complaints, or you'll starve.

The second biggest problem for inexperienced players is the need to keep telling weaponthanes to keep watch. They go on explorations and come back and loll around the tula.

After I've taken care of both those things, my biggest problem is nearly always maintaining my herd size. I always try to do the Uralda heroquest early so that I can get a magical cow. Otherwise it's really tricky to keep herd numbers up.

--
Meredith Dixon <dixonm_at_...>
Maconiana has been published at last!