Re: Introductions

From: Alexander G. M. Smith <agmsmith_at_...>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 20:33:13 -0400 EDT

Zachary Kline wrote on Sun, 24 Apr 2011 04:46:32 -0700:
> I'm the newest member of this group, so thought I'd take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Zachary Kline, and I'm a blind college student in the lovely sate of Oregon. My KoDP experience is limited to reading sagas and the like thus far, due to a lack of sighted help to actually play the game, though I hope that with the upcoming iOS version I'll at long last be able to satisfy my cravings. Likewise, I've never had any experience with Glorantha as a setting outside of KoDP, though would be very interested in that side of things as well. Part of me wonders how much of the experience I'm missing not being able to see all the artwork which went into the setting, though when you come down to it story matters most to me.

Welcome to the group. I'm not sure how readable King of Dragon Pass is for the iOS, but hope you can find something. The graphics seem to be mostly watercolour paintings, which don't translate into text at all, but do survive the passage of technology quite well. At least it saves your game's history in a text file (the saga of your clan), so you can hear the details of what happened.

Of course, if the game isn't readable, there's always the book it's largely based on, titled King of Sartar.