Re: Re: What's the hardest part?

From: Meredith Dixon <dixonm_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 23:29:12 -0400

I've always played on Easy -- a couple of experiments with Normal having made me decide, very quickly, that Easy was quite hard enough for me. Therefore, I've never had much trouble either forming a tribe or keeping one together.

That said, the problem I do have is with the Horse-Spawn. If they hit us too hard too soon, the game becomes unwinnable. I usually play it out anyway, but once we lose ring members to them we'll just keep losing more ring members until the clan collapses from lack of leadership. That's partly because I can't bear to just let my ring members be taken, of course.

Even if they hit us hard a little later in the game, they're pretty devastating. I remember one game in which we got Kallyr right off the bat, and we were still hanging on against the Horse-Spawn when she came of age. She managed to bring back most of our lost people and save us, at the eventual cost of her own life, IIRC. But, usually, once we lose ring members to them it's a death spiral.