"Transient Allies & Mercs"

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 13:47:09 +0000 (GMT)

I'd suggest increasing these numbers a bit. A lot of PCs in older style campaigns are mercenaries, and the figures as given barely give you room for one band at a time.

BTW, take a look at "The Widow's Tale" for the "rules" in there on hiring Humakti. Apparently they insist on being paid (usually), and can be contracted for a precise number of days. How would this fit in here?

I'm coming at this from the perspective of a player in a Humakti mercenary campaign (and yes, our backstory includes some time in Whitewall). This means I'm biased, so will sit tight and wait for your unbiased answers.

Jane Williams