RE: Jeff's analysis of the Whitewall sources

From: Jeff Richard <richj_at_...>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 13:03:09 -0800

Quick comment:

> Elmal's the Orlanthi expert at holding the fort,
> surely? (And Vinga to some extent). Do we have any
> notable Elmali in on the action as yet?

There are lots of Orlanthi "experts" at holding the fort. Starkval. Humakt. Probably Helemakt and Daylanus. Most martial deities that aren't movement-dependent (like say Destor or Finovan) can defend a "place".

Elmal defends the stead when Orlanth is gone, so I don't think he's necessarily got a big role in the Whitewall Immolation. Moreover, I don't know how popular or common Elmal is in Volsaxiland - IIRC the area was freed from Kitori overlordship by Tarkalor and his Yelmalion hoplites. And the Yelmalions are supporting the Lunars... Besides we've got plenty of VIngans - Kallyr and Leika Beti for starts.

Hey, I'm beginning that there is some sort of a link between the Fall of Whitewall and the Immolation Song. Isn't there a reference to the Immolation in DP:LoT?

Jeff