Re: Larnsti and other topics

From: jeffrichard68 <richj_at_...>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 21:41:38 -0000

Jane:
> > > Apart from the Foodman thing, or is this
> > Dragonspear (of RQ2 examples and
> > > Biturian's story) with the Giant's Drinking
> > Cauldron?
> >
> > I don't think we know yet, do we?
>
> We don't know, and I thought we were leavng the
> Foodman open as a PC opportunity?

That's right. However, I think it might be a good idea to have a role that should be filled by a player character - Maniskisson is a good one. Frex, I have a Colymar PC in my campaign who is a "Maniskisson" and can trace his descent from Sartar. There are fewest stories about Maniskisson (unlike Sharpsword, White Bull or Bad Dream), so there is more room for PC action.

> And if THE Maniskisson is a PC, the whole thing will
> play out according to their game, not according to our
> reading of KoS. Maybe they get on fine. Maybe Kallyr
> ends up as part of his (or her??) ring. Anything can
> happen once you let players take control. That's what
> we're doing this for, after all! Us control freaks
> just have to learn to let go :(

Of course. Although I discovered in the Taming of Dragon Pass campaign that if thing are set up right and with enough context, the players will usually voluntarily choose the historically-correct result. Maniskisson will probably dislike Kallyr simply because she is a Kheldon pretender and he's a Colymar.

> > Sharpsword is with the Cradle in 1621 (although come
> > to think of it,
> > we might want a Cradle tie-in). Maybe Sharpsword
> > should have a bit role....
>
> Read Widow's Tale? Looks to me like he's already
> involved, helping defend supply routes.

I haven't read Widow's Tale. Guess I should order it.

Jeff