Heortling Strategy

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_...>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 13:51:10 -0800 (PST)

Hi fellows,

I jump in the fray.

My simpathy is pro-Lunar, so I try and analyze Heortling strategy as an overall.

Heortlings are shifting targets, that's sure. When do they really become vulnerable?
When they stand and defend their ground. More, when they make claims over a location and an official Attempt (such as Kallyr attempting to flame the Sartar matchstick in 1613); they are so stupid that they declare their intent.
At Whitewall *they* decide to resist; they decide: here and not further; they were fleeing; Lunars had already won Heortland.

Broyan and his minions try to perform their usual Summons of Evil Ritual when they are already at a disadvantage, because they think that's the right thing to do to get more strength from their gods.

Their gods are weak, that's certain.
So the best thing to do when the barbarian leaders stop and start to cry "Orlanth! Orlanth!" is encircle them (from six directions) and then proceed to smite them without hurry.

The more time you give them to gather, more stupid Orlanthi warriors will answer the cry of the Claimer.

What I mean is that raising the stakes is usual Heortling strategy in war and that they are so fool that the ultimate stake they put on the pyre is their god's skin.

The Lunar Army is not devoted to kill Orlanth, but since they are called to, they oblige. Not a plan, a consequence.

The Plan to Kill Orlanth is mere barbarian propaganda. The Goddess is already Greater than Orlanth, she doesn't need her Son to do such a murderous act.

Something like Jeff's:
> Thus in victory, Broyan triggered a much bigger
> problem - the Kill
> Orlanth project. During 1620 and 1621, Broyan
> begins to realize
> what the Lunars are trying to do. He can't beat the
> Lunars, he
> can't negotiate with them - so he raises the stakes
> and joins their
> ritual with one of his own...

Gian

Do you Yahoo!?