Re: Jorkandros, lunar command, etc...

From: jeffrichard68 <richj_at_...>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 15:23:00 -0000

Dave:
> Well, this gives us an insight to the structure of the initial
> forces investing Whitewall. I particularly like the fact he comes
> from Yuthuppa as we can bring in all sorts of astrological aspects
> to the siege. If we postulate that Jorkandros, as an inhabitant of
> the city of Star towers and centre of the Buserian cult is a strong
> supporter of doing things the correct (i.e. ancient and defined by
> the stars) way then we have an excellent excuse for the use of the
> bat so late. Initially he is resitant to the idea as it isn't
> prescribed in the ancient manuals and, when he finally acceeds to
> the neccesity (after fruitlessly trying all the traditional
methods)
> he has to wait for the stars, etc to be in the correct orientation
> before he commits.

Excellent! I love the idea of Jorkandros is surrounded by his Buseri and star-charts.

> I would be inclined to make him the "stereotypical" staid, by-the-
> book Polaris general. Just the type that you want protecting your
> supply lines while the wunderkinds are at the bleeding edge of the
> invasion, but totally out of his depth when faced by the tactical
> innovation of Bryon.
>
> This gives us a start at the command staff - a possibility would be
> the Buserian starseerer who is looking at the "big picture" but
> completely lost in the day-to-day tactical neccesities.

This is great! I assume that starseerer stays with the command when Tatius takes over.

> I also think that there just has to be a Shargashi who just wants
> crush the city asap without the log prolonged siege and to hell
with
> the casualties - they all end up in the enclosure anyway.
>
> This gives us some lower level conflict in the lunar camp that PCs
> can be involved in as well as the higher level conflicts such as
> Fazzur any Tatius which the PCs aren't really involved in.

Yeah. I wonder if in the final assault there should be a unit of Shargashi hell-men? I think so!

> Just to add a little balance to the overwhelmingly pro-orlanthi
> slant to this list so far (hi Jeff! ;).

Needed and useful balance (as always). What do you think of the Temple Plot?

Jeff