Heortland Civil War

From: Jeff Richard <richj_at_...>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 15:03:56 -0800

Since this is an important backdrop to Whitewall, we should think a little bit about the Volsaxi and the Kings of Heortland. I think the relationship might be broadly analogous to that of Lakrene and the Bilini. When the Heortland king is strong enough, the Volsaxi recognize his authority. When he is weak, they assert their independence - and their claims (through the Larnsti) to be the true defenders of the Hendriki.

Btw, what is the name of the Heortlending King who died heirless in 1617? Joerg and I called him Owain, but I think that name is wrong and doesn't sound right.