Re: Heortland Civil War

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 12:26:20 +1300

At 03:03 PM 3/6/04 -0800, you wrote:

>Since this is an important backdrop to Whitewall, we should think a little
>bit about the Volsaxi and the Kings of Heortland. I think the
>relationship might be broadly analogous to that of Lakrene and the Bilini.

I'm not so sure. I got the impression of a three way split between the Larnsti, Andrini and Volsaxar.

>When the Heortland king is strong enough, the Volsaxi recognize his
>authority.

Except that the Volsaxar have been independent since the time of Hardrad the Green (Barbarian Adventures p9), which might have happened when Tarkalor fought the Kitori ("The Volsaxi tribe was begun [...]" KoS p196 or earlier.

--Peter Metcalfe