Re: Enter, The Bat

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 17:38:20 -0800 (PST)

I have over 50 e-mails to read, so this may have already been said, but . . .

As to the debate over whether the Lunars' goal was "enslave" or "kill" Orlanth, surely this was a divided question even in the empire, with four camps forming:

The "marketing" camp, saying theat they will heal Orlanth by binding him to the natural order blah blah blah.

The triumphal (as in Roman triumph) camp, wanting to enslave Orlanth and bind him to the wheel of Yelm's chariot.

The imperialist/realist camp, who wants to exterminate Orlanth, led by people who are like caricatures of Donald Rumsfeld.

The experimental HQers/college of magic, who know that binding, enlaving, or killing Orlanth are all the same thing, since binding or enslaving him suffocates him.

I think Tatius moves from one camp (probably triumphal) to another during his experiences in Heortland.

The benefit of this approach is that it allows flexibility in explaining awkward facts and quotations, leaves room for lunar PCs on the other side, and leaves the lunar objective ambiguous until an appropriately dramatic moment.

Am I off base here?

Chris Lemens

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Search - Find what you�re looking for faster http://search.yahoo.com