Re: Jorkandros, lunar command, etc...

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 07:51:54 -0000

> > I would be inclined to make him the "stereotypical"
> > staid, by-the- book Polaris general.
>
> A question for you people who understand all these New
> Gods (new in HW?Q, that is), and how they relate to
> the old ones. As I understand it, the guy who used to
> be called Polaris in Orlanthi society as well as in
> Lunar society has now been renamed Rigsdal. Is he in
> fact the same god, or not?

The cults certainly seem to be pretty different - Polaris being the god of strategy, large-scale tactics, and dance choreography, and Rigsdal being the night watchman. At best, I'd say they were very different conceptions of the same being - different enough that stuck-up Dara Happans can chose to ignore any similarities that do exist. Sure, they're the same astronomical object, but so are Elmal and Yelm :)

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic