Re: Enter, The Bat

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 22:18:25 +0000 (GMT)

> no, because she is a waste here. She is no big
> fighter after all.

She isn't??
I think that would be news to a lot of people. I know we've said rude things about her OiD stats, but that's because many of us think that 11W2 in CC is far too low based on her background. She's one of the top fighters in Dragon Pass. It's her strategy, tactics, and diplomacy that are a little, erm, "challenged".

No, she leaves because her skills are in guerilla warfare, not a standing siege. She's off to prepare for the *next* fight, the one after Whitewall has fallen.

Come to think of it.... if Broyan and co really did know Fimbulwinter was going to happen, and why, she's probably already preparing the HQ to correct it. You don't do that sort of thing on the spur of the moment: well, not with any hope of success. And in OiD, it *is* her who does the mysterious and undocumented HQ to bring back Spring. (Shades of the Cradle: you PCs carry on being cannon fodder, the interesting stuff will be done by NPCs, and we won't even give you enough clues for the PCs to join in.)

Jane Williams