Re: Broyan's family

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 12:50:44 +0000 (GMT)

> IMO, he had several (male) children.
> He lost one in any big confrontation he fought.

OK... some sort of nasty Fate or Curse?

> So he lost one or two at WW too.

That would follow. Hmm, if he loses a son in every big battle, what happens when he runs out of sons? No more battles? Oh, and can we call one of the dead ones Amr (Amhar/Anir), please?

Are we sure all of Broyan's kin are on his side? Having his own family collabarating with the Lunars could be interesting.

> I don't know about wife and daughters, but:
If he has sons, I expect he has (or had) a wife (or two). He does not strike me as a Nandan.

Did the discussions about the type of kingship he's going for ever lead us to the conclusion that bloodline is important? And so him having descendants would be important? If so, and he keeps losing sons, daughters would be *very* important. And if so, we know who Kallyr was escorting out of Whitewall, don't we?

If he's 40, he could have adult children, and even young grandchildren. Sons & daughters-in-law. Nieces and nephews. I bet they're not all in Whitewall. The word "hostage" comes to mind here.

Jane Williams