Re: Month

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 03:45:25 +0000

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 04:24:49PM -0500, andrejarosch_at_... wrote:
> Hello Friends
>
> > Yep. "Month" is really annoying. I am tempted to interpreted literally -
> > as a cycle of the moon. So "month" is "week". That works better with John's
> > timeline (we hid all those weeks - which means Darkness Season).
>
> "Month" could also mean "half a season". But "month" comes from "moon", so
> this four week phase has to be an ancient term (a time in which the moon has a
> cycle of four weeks). But why should an Orlanthi care about the cycles of an
> ancient moon.

It _could_ refer to Shargash. His period is (about) 28 days, and he is a 'moon', at least by some of the definition of 'moon' vs 'planet'. (IIRC Greg at one point gave several of these, and they _don't_ agree on all particulars; in particular Shargash fails the 'female' one, but passes 'wacky orbit' -- can't recall the others off the top.)

Not hugely Orlanthi either way, mind.