Re: Wiki Wiki

From: jorganos <joe_at_...>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 12:29:03 -0000

> Even a simple level, having true shared documents will save us so
> much time and effort. Rather than do it through the list, we can
> comment on the document directly.

Yeah. I have waited quite a while for something like this to happen.

A few words of caution, though:

If you edit the Front Page or other (presumably) high traffic pages, please save quickly. I think that a couple of times, John undid my changes, and possibly vice versa.

Overall, I suggest to use this for raw documents. If you supply something original, keep a copy on your home machine.

> CHECK IT OUT:
>
> http://www.eparsnip.f2s.com/phpwiki/index.php
>

> Play around in the sand box, add comments to some pages, make your
> own page. It's a little daunting at first but the formatting is very
> simple.

From my experience it gets less daunting if you click your way through  a few short documents. The more Whitewall stuff there is, the less daunting this will become.

> One thing though: I had to constantly manually update both pages I'd
> saved and editing boxes. If I didn't Wiki Wiki got very confused and
> wouldn't save my changes. I'm using IE6/Win98.

At least in one case, it saved the text page twice.

I have no idea why - Mozilla on WinXP works fine.