RE: Broyan's family

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 18:38:07 +0000 (GMT)

> Is our principle reason for wanting Broyan to have
> kids to distinguish him from Kallyr?

No, it's so one of the major players has dependent kin to be taken as hostages, and non-dependent kin to be killed heroically on the Orlanthi side or killed non-heroically on the Lunar side (traitors! but if your dad was ready to sacrifice you, what would you do?)

> Personally, I think it will be much more important
> distinguish Leika and Kallyr (gee, two Vingan
> Sartarite queens both exiled to Whitewall).

You're right.

And I seem to remember Leika has been given kin: brothers, at least. There's one point of difference. I don't know much about Leika's romantic inclinations, but that's potentially another.

> Sure. I've been leaving open some wiggle room in my
> write-up - Broyan
> has children but does not acknowledge them. They
> remain with his former year wives or girlfriends.

OK, he can still be fond of them, leaving the drama available.

> We've got him sacrificing his clan, his followers,
> his companions and
> his lovers. Let's add offspring to the list.

I must have missed the lovers. But yes. Let's.

Jane Williams