Re: Re: Broyan's family

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 00:32:17 +1300

Ian

>Me> Secondly one could argue that Larnsti should not live under the
> >same roof for two nights in a row by the same logic.

>Not really. Marriage is a strong ritual bond, as is within Orlanthi
>society, parenthood.

Bonds can be fluid.

>Such relationships need to be severed ritually.

Larnste is the God of Motion, not Severance.

> > So it is possible for a Larnsti form an attachment.

>But is it possible for them to make a long-term commitment.

Yes. Larnste and Orenoar is a good mythic example.

> >The question is what they do to compensate for their attachment.

>Ok I think we are closer here. There does seem to be a notion of
>Larnsti escaping the restrictions Larnsti place upon themselves, by
>assuming an alternative restriction (i.e. Sartar leaves but can
>never return).

Sartar's transformation is a special case, akin to the drastic severance you mentioned before. It is not the usual run of the mill thing for a Larnsti to do.

--Peter Metcalfe

--Peter Metcalfe