Re: "Tear Down Whitewall"

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:47:25 -0000

Guy and Oliver, thanks for the kind words! I enjoyed your lyrics immensely, Guy, but I'm afraid I didn't know the tune--I'll have to get ahold of it on the web and rectify my ignorance :)

That got me thinking that--horror of horrors--people might not be familiar with 'Men of Harlech'. Don't ever admit so to a Welshman (who may be none-too pleased with my placing a version online in English, anyway...though I am a Lancastrian!); it's the tune at the end of 'Zulu'. Grown men whimpering when the 24th start singing the song near the of the film, shown on a rainy bank holiday weekend, is a British institution, but I guess it might not transfer elsewhere that well.

For those that can stomach MIDI files, here it is, running the same length as the verses:

http://www.castlewales.com/menhar.html

Good job on the Wiki, I'll try and place the Heortling reply online in a bit!

Cheerio,

Stu.