Re: Re: Melisande, Narib, et al.

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:36:50 +1300

At 11:57 AM 3/10/04 +0000, you wrote:

>Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> > Where is his role as a Rokari crusader an established fact?
> >Insofar as I could find out anything about Rikard through truffling
> >throughGreg's wastepaper basket, I was downhearted to see repeated
> > flip-flopping over the issue

>Well maybe we can create a convicing role for him and save him from
>the wastebasket. What's important to Whitewall however is the
>possiblity that his usurpation could have united former enemies.

I have yet to see a convincing story. So far it seems to be make up an alliance by waving hands.

> > Why does Broyan, an ultratraditionalist, want to forge an alliance
> > with the Esvulari? Why can't it be, for example, PCs seeking any
> > sort of help hiring Sir Narib's Company? They turn up much to
> > Broyan's shock and hang around a few weeks before being told
> > to leave. Hanging everything on Broyan is reducing the PCs to
> > mere spectators IMO.

>Because this gives two elements of story: Conflict - the Esvulari
>and Broyan are former enemies, now reluctant allies and Crisis -
>With the Lunar conquest Rikard is out of the picture and the Lunars
>are offering amnesty and power to the Malkioni.

So why doesn't Sir Narib's Company side with the Lunars then? What relationship does the company have with the Esvulari? You have a strong case in that the Company is one of the Sartarite battalia (Sartar Magical Union) but the story is weak.

--Peter Metcalfe