Re: Locale - the tor (unintended consequences)

From: dzo01 <dzo_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:33:31 -0000

Very, very nice Oliver.

It also gives us a great in to the Heler acid rain event. If the sea has been reawakened and this was a major site of battle of sea against storm then it wouldn't take all that much for the Lunars to awaken the part of Heler that is still part of the water tribe and was the sworn enemy of the Storm Gods in the gods war. It would be poetic justice if the method the Orlanthio used to repel the 1st assault (i.e. awakening the powers of the sea) could be turned against them.

The farther we go into this the more that I get the impression that WhiteWall is all about unintended consequences: 1) Broyan turning last defence of the fortress into the last stand of Orlanth.
2) Broyan invoking the magic of Hendrik and the hidden kings to ensure freedom but condeming himself in the process. 3) Tatius turning the siege into the killing of Orlanth and bringing about the great darkness.
4) The Orlanthi invoking the sea to defeat fire but opening the door for the lunars to coopt Heler.
5) Kallyr arriving to support Broyan but leaving as the bearer of hope for the future?
6) ???

It is a interesting subtext to everything...

Yak