Re: Re: Melisande, Narib, et al.

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 12:33:05 +1300

At 10:34 PM 3/10/04 +0000, you wrote:

>Peter Metcalfe wrote:
>
> > I really don't see it that way as there are a host of other
> >alternatives to which Rikard could have taken power. The new king
> >could be elected by the people
>
>But you yourself just quoted HeroQuest Voices on this:
>
> >bloody handed foreign mercenary called Rikard seized the throne.

Which is written "in voice" four years after Rikard has taken the throne and been deposed.

>Rikard is a foreign mercenary who seizes the throne and puts his own
>followers, like Willelm the Bloody into power.

Is he? I suppose the source for that is the same one that established that Rikard was a Rokari Crusader. I do not believe that Rikard can simply invade a country and install himself as King. There must have been some large amount of popular support for his coronation even if it has evaporated since then.

>Now my contention is
>that some Esvulari and other Malkioni don't like that scenario and
>join with their old enemy to resist.

The Esvulari have been trying to reach out to their enemies since Andrins time and long before. Why should Broyan start listening to them now?

>The very tension of Broyan and
>the Esvulari working together is the point of this.

Some Esvulari and now it's back to the Esvulari?

--Peter Metcalfe