RE: Re: Melisande, Narib, et al.

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 12:54:15 +1300

At 03:37 PM 3/10/04 -0800, you wrote:

> > >Remember, Heort was not a Heortling. He was a post-Shield and Helm
> > >Vingkotling who aided the Hidden Kings.

> > And later fought against them and instituted his new secrets.

>Are you certain that Heort fought against the Hidden Kings?

Yes.

         When Heort returned to his people he taught this thing to
         his fellows, who had been hiding from the last hunger of
         the Hidden Kings.  Heort overcame the monsters, and let
         the people settle again in Forts to live, and to go out when
         they wished to fight against their natural foes.
                         KoS p90.

In an commentary on this in the glorantha digest (about whether the Orlanthi had become Hsunchen), Greg said that the Hidden Kings had taken wolf form and started devouring other Orlanthi such as Heort's deer people. I had suggested that the Hidden Kings might have also turned into ravens whereupon Greg suggested a Dove Tribe.

--Peter Metcalfe