RE: Re: PEOPLE: Broyan and the Larnsti

From: Jeff Richard <richj_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:10:37 -0800

Howdy -

> >Most of the Hendriki of Heortland think the Kings that
> >succeeded Andrin were their rightful kings.
> Yeah. Up to Rikard's precedessor. Neither Rikard nor Bandal
Tigerbane

> are likely to have full approval.

        I think we are all in agreement here. So does anyone have any ideas for the Andrini kings list? I like rich backgrounds after all.

> >>Which is our working premise right now. Jeff's main concern
is the

> >>heroband following Broyan, not the brotherhood itself.
> >I get the opposite impression when Jeff claims that Broyan's
heroband

> >is the entire Larnsti. At the start of this thread, I said
"For this

	reason

> >I don't believe that Broyan is allied with the Larnsti as a
whole but
> >with some Larnsti". But he rejected that.
> In Jeff's reaction to my post, he agreed with a reservoir of
> non-members with the necessary training to replace fallen
members.
> Extrapolate from there to Larnsti outside of the heroband...
Yeah. I thought I made this clear in my longer post. As I
said, if you want another Larnsti heroband out there, let me know. I don't think that there are zillions of Larnsti wandering around Heortland

        pointlessly. I'm cool with Broyan being the leader of the Larnsti heroband. Maybe there are some unaffiliate Larnsti, maybe not. I don't think it is terribly important.

        >>If the Larnsti have the power of change, than one application of this

        >>must be to change their membership in the Orlanth cult to allow for

	>>Larnsti membership.

> >Larnste and Orlanth are separate gods.
> Mastakos and Orlanth are separate gods, too - not even from
the same
> elemental tribe, yet Mastakos is worshipped as an aspect of
Orlanth. Yeah. This seems to be bordering into "how many angles can
dance on the head of a pin" kind of hair-splitting. Does it matter? The Larnsti are Orlanthi. They worship Larnste through Hendreik. Is it a subcult or a herocult? I prefer it to be a subcult like Alakoring, but it doesn't really matter that much at this point. Let's just write up Broyan's Larnsti heroband and see how it looks.

> >Secondly there were Vingkotling Kings in Volsaxar before
Broyan

> >and he owes his position in part to inheritance.
> Who? Hardrard the Green?
> I don't know about the rest of this list, but when I read the
entry

> for Hardrard the Green the first time, I assumed he was a
Larnsti who

> was elected as counter-king to Andrin, but lacking popular
support in

> Gardufar and Karhend he holed up at Whitewall. There is
nothing at all

> to indicate that Hardrard was a Vingkotling king.

        This is my conception of Hardrard the Green as well. Unless Greg reviews our draft document and says "oh no, the Volsaxi have always been Vingkotlings", I think that we should go with this version.

> The Orvantes are said to be a Star Tribe (despite being named
like a

> Vingkotling Summer Tribe). They appear in the Silver Age,
which would

> make them a Heortling tribe unless you suggest they held on
to (less

> useful) Vingkotling Ways while their neighbors switched to
Heortling

> Ways like the Garanvuli, Orgorvaltes and Sedenorvuli all
around them.

        I'm pretty sure that the Orvantes were Heortlings. In fact, I am pretty darn sure that all the tribes mentioned in the old Dawn Age writeup adopted Heort's Ways.

> If you know of any High Kings of the Volsaxi except those I
listed under

> http://www.eparsnip.f2s.com/phpwiki/index.php?Volsaxi%20Kings
> please enter the Wiki and include them in the list, and make
clear

> they were Vingkotling type kings. We are open for
suggestions, after all.

        Has anybody heard hide or hair from Robin regarding the background for his Tarkalor story?

         Jeff