Re: FOUNDATION DOC: Forces and Numbers

From: donald_at_...
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 15:59:02 GMT

In message <5.0.2.1.2.20040311161732.026567a0_at_...> Peter Metcalfe writes:
>At 01:05 AM 3/11/04 +0000, you wrote:
>
>>Tatius the Bright - Waxing Moon General
>
>Tatius would prefer to be known as a Three Star General and

I was using the Lunar titles rather than modern US army equivelents or has Greg decided the Lunars actually now use US army ones? Doesn't really bother me, whatever the consensus is.

>he could receive a promotion during the siege.

The only significant effect is to increase the number of subordinates he has. I've put in a reasonable minimum for a Waxing Moon General, there could be a couple of Crescent Generals and four or five New Generals if they are working to book. If he's promoted to Half Moon General that's another layer even assuming many units and generals are operating elsewhere in the region. Given that each general has their own staff that's a lot more people, at least some of who need writing up.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/