RE: Re: CHARACTERS: Broyan

From: Jeff Richard <richj_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 12:46:22 -0800

> >Which was subtlely rewritten in Subject to. The warrior king with
the
 >> hart's mask and helmet is Broyan.
> You really have to explain this in further detail. Even when the
text was
> reprinted for Storm Tribe, it was stated that "Daimones built his
hall
> many ages ago" which indicates a long while back.

        I'm exploring this right now. I think that Ice Refuge is from the Great Darkness - we need a minor myth for it. Here's my current thought - it was built to house some survivors of the Shield and Helm Battle who survived the worst aspects of the Darkness by being frozen in Ice Refuge. After IFWW or the Unity Battle or whatever, the Ice Refugees left their frozen stronghold to join with Heort or were freed by Heort and joined him. Something like that.

         > Moreover the hart's mask is the sign of a Heortling, not a Vingkotling.

        More precisely, it is the sign of Heort. Don't get so hung up on needing to make a clear demarcation between Heort and the Vingkotlings. Heort might well be the Vingkotling that ended the Vingkotling way. Or something like that. Let's explore this.

        Jeff