Re: Dragon Pass forces 1622

From: dzo01 <dzo_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 23:14:40 -0000

Yep, we wondering about the Seven of Vistur. We liked the idea of them being a sorcerous-type unit that had cool construction magics based on a sacred "perfect" geometry involving lots of arcane and obscure calculations... But, given that Vistur is in Darjiin, which is predominantly animist, we didn't really go that far. While I c an see animists doing cool things in a siege, constructing ramps just doesn't seem their style somehow. So, they origionally from Vistur (and thus Darjini style animists) or is there some other way we can work around this?

> Hi Dave, good to see you "Yaking" online again...:)

Yah well, no water in the rivers at the moment. Come the spring and the snowmelt I'll probably have much less time...

> We've been discussing potential Shargashi assaults and NPC's. Any
> > thoughts...
>
> Probably a vexilla recruited from house troops based in Alkoth and
along the
> Erinflarth. Likely a special unit recruited by Tatius either as a
form of
> Bucelleri style personal troops or by funds provided at the
Imperial level for
> the assault.

Ok, we can work with this.

> > Also, is there a phalanx based out of Yuthuppa - I can't
remember if
> > it still exists?
>
> Yuthuppa has no phalanx, except in the Garrison Army, which is not
likely to
> see field service except under dire Empire wide threat. Yuthuppa
produces
> marines and sailors mainly, with the Comet Seers being their most
scary magical
> unit - see Mark's excellent write up in MOLAD.

Yeah, yeah, I'll have to buy it.

> Well, the river port ain't in the swamp is it?
Actually, that was debated in the HQ list and I think the MGF solution was that it was in a very swampy area - if it was built where the ducks lived then it stands to reason (humid little buggers). Anyway, its not terribly important really. The LC would be very good for patrolling the road and surrounding flatland.

BTW, there is no reason why a couple of special units
> of Darjiini wouldn't be there too, but they would not count
towards Imperial
> strength as they would likely be employed by local lunar resources.

No chance of Stu's beaver riding duck mercs? Didn't think so...

Cheers,
Yak