A break in the ranks...

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_...>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 15:51:15 -0000

Donald, Gian, Oliver and all,

Thanks for the discussion. It's been highly interesting--in fact, I think it could probably have been a Digest issue (and may well be in the future).

After muddying the waters considerably with recent posts, I'm now happy to drop out of the discussion. Heh! I do feel content with my more nebulous witterings on the 'funtion-based' subordinates of autocratic Warlords, and it's a line I'll be taking IMG (along with various derivations from the base system for the sake of culture and colour).

But if people are happy with more exact military ranks for Whitewall-- a more easily cross-referenced absolute in many ways--that's cool. It seems this will be something people are more comfortable with. And it's pretty easy to define in a table, as Oliver says.

It may not be apparent from the length and number of recent mails, but I actually have to hand in my PhD thesis in two weeks' time... and things are getting hectic. As much as I'd like to continue military discussions, they occupy me far too much! :)

Cheerio,

Stu.