Re: Scathach the Iron Shrew

From: pedrodevaca <pavis_gm_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 18:53:37 -0000

> > For what it is worth, I think we have too many prominent vingans
just with
> Kallyr and Leika. Let's not add another if we can avoid it.
>
> I don't know, I think there's a certain tension that can be derived
because
> she's an ex-Vingan. She tried Vinga and didn't like it and left
the cult
> after a short time. Now she's defiantly anti-violence. That's
something
> for men,

I tend towards non-Vingan. I understand her Vinga association is in the past, but honestly, I think that it is easy to make the logical leap from "strong-willed woman" to "Vingan", and that it may be overused to some extent.

Scathach could be a great example of a non-militant "heroine" or "female icon". Lots of opportunity throughout the siege to have her looking over the fortress, keeping things going, keeping people working and the women and workers motivated. Quietly working her magic in the background. She is an unsung hero of the Whitewall siege because few others see that without her, the fortress would have fallen in the first year.

If insight into Vingans is useful, she could have easily gained such insight without joining the cult. A kinswomen could have sought to settle the score mentioned in Oliver's brief. Or she could of sought shelter within a Vingan temple for some time after being uprooted from her homelands.

Ma 2 pence worth
-Mitch