Re: Bush Children

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 22:00:38 -0000

The Bush Children are one of the sources of the Sartar Free Army in the Dragon Pass boardgame. Some of us use the named units as HeroQuest hero bands. So you will find the Moonhaters, and Old School in IWS, and the Eaglebrown Warlocks are in MoLaD.

The ravaging of the Bush Range - Bush Children connection was a failry easy one to make.

They are Orlanthi mercenaries. I see the Exiles as putting the 'barbarian' back into Orlanthi. So think grim germanic mercenaries. They are loyal to Orlanth and hate the Empire, but this buch are mercenaries. So right now they are only loyal to Broyan (or any other outside leader) through coin. Like most Tarshites they dream of liberating Tarsh, Whitewall is just a pre-cursor or a sideshow.  Something will lead them to join the Sartar Free Army, presumably an Argrath. Just because they are Exiles though does not make them Marani (that's the Earthshakers) or death-or-glory Lunar haters (that's the Moonhaters).

Are they mounted. Well I find it hard to rationalize as many mounted Orlanthi units among the Exiles as DP suggests (where do they get the food for all those horses?). But YGMV.