Re: Re: FOUNDATION: Numbers at the Siege

From: donald_at_...
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 14:18:05 GMT

In message <c36t6d+hph5_at_...> "Stewart Stansfield" writes:
>Jane:
>> Might I suggest that the list of units present is
>> firmly marked "No-one can make you do anything!"?
>>
>> Make it absolutely clear that they're *meant* to pick
>> and choose.
>
>The only reason I go one tiny step further is that it seems that rag-
>tag band of defenders are getting a characterful and colourful bunch
>of herobands, foreign helpers and warriors! We Lunars must try and
>compare on an evocative level. :)

Example units are a great idea, but I agree with Jane they should be clearly labelled as such and distinguished from those such as the Shargashi who are required to be present at a particular point in time.

The same applies to the defenders, while example warbands and herobands are needed we don't want to define every character there, or even most of them.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/