Re: Volsaxi, Volsaxar, Vingkot

From: jorganos <joe_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 19:04:47 -0000

Ian Cooper:

> FWIW, my assumption during DP:LoT was that the Curtali = Kurtali.

Funny. While this was my pre-DP:LoT view, too (BA didn't leave that much of an impression), reading the Curtali entries made me doubt.

> My own guess of how we could equate the 'another way' Curtali with
> Kurtali is as follows.

> - When the Kitori are driven away with the aid of Tarkalor, Enfrew
> and Tarkalor grant new lands from among areas seized by the Kitori.
> The Sun Domers get Vaantar from liberated areas, and the Kurtali
> are offered Dreven.

Up to here fine with me. Minor quibbles to follow.

> - But Enfrew demands that they disband the Night Jumpers (who many
> feel stirred up Kitori trouble to begin with). Not everyone can
> agree to this. The clan

tribe?

> splits. Those willing to seek 'another way',
> with other refugees, are given Dreven. Those who will not give up
> the Night Jumper ways go into exile. These ex-Kurtali are now the
> Night Jumpers hero-band (I know KoS calls them a clan, but I think
> Hidden Gale is a good model here).

My solution was to make the KoS entry the start of the Kitori War, with Enfrew too weakened to keep control of his tribe with Tarkalor present.

> But of course this is not in print, so anyone else's interpetation
> is equally valid.

I have no problems with Ian's proposal, either. What version would the rest prefer?