Siege ramps

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 21:05:15 -0000

Hi Simon and all,

> If Whitewall is like Masada, then perhaps the imperials will be
looking at
> building some huge siege ramps to take out those walls. The ones at
Masada
> reached to the very top of the mountain and the wall.

I really *must* scan in a couple of pieces of Peter Connolly's artwork from 'The Roman Army' and 'Greece and Rome at War'. While he doesn't have Masada, he does have Avaricum and Jerusalem (fortress of Antonia)--he's sold enough copies, hopefully he won't mind this small indiscretion. Though I urge all to buy them!

I'll endeavour to do that ASAP.

It's funny you speak of siege ramps, as I have this Darjiini myth/legend regarding the Seven of Vistur, which ultimately reaches its peak with a bit involving a siege ramp. I coined the myth with as many parallels to Whitewall as I could manage, just to play upon the mythic correspondences. It's been brewing inside my head for the last few days, and is now fully fermented! Sadly I know it'll take me half a day to write properly, and half-days are in short supply at the moment. :)

I'll also try and post it ASAP, if I can get some time to jot it down over the next couple of days.

Cheerio,

Stu.