RE: Whitewall - tactical scale map, death star Whitewall

From: Jeff Richard <richj_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 13:16:40 -0800

> This leads me to a question, just how competent is Jorkandros
supposed
> to be? I've assumed him to be reasonably competent but perhaps too
> set in DH traditions to make proper use of all his forces. Here he's
> made another mistake setting up his main camp on the opposite side of

> a steep ravine rather than on the plateau next to WW. I assume even
> he would also put some troops on the plateau, perhaps that's the camp
> that's overrun after the BatBlat as I don't see the defenders
sallying
> out all the way to the main lunar camp.

I think he is reasonably competent but drastically underestimates his foes. He sets up the support camp in a poor position, but doesn't worry about it because he has his Forward Camp on the plateau. He's probably a little surprised that WW didn't fall with the first assault (the Shargashi Hellmen should have taken it), but that's ok, we'll just bring in the Bat (thought to be worth several thousand troops in its own right - and invaluable in sieges).

When the defenders defeat the Bat and overrun the Forward Camp, Jorkandros is more than surprised.

Jeff