RE: The Bat-Blat

From: Jeff Richard <richj_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 13:09:11 -0800

Hopefully one of the Lunar military experts (paging Martin? Mr. Laurie are you around?) will pipe in on this. However, your description sounds right -

> If The Bat is liek a nuclear weapon, the only effective
defense is not

> to be there when it goes off. The Lunars might be willing to
sacrifice

> some of their units if pulling them back is impractical.

         As Roderick's write-up says:

        The Bat's primary attack is its Chaos Scream, affecting everyone in a 1 mile radius (cult members and Bat Guards are immune). This power can affect Otherworld entities currently in the Middle world. Victims defeated by the Chaos Scream are driven mad. Each entity in the affected area is affected separately, and the Bat does not suffer Multiple Target modifiers.

        I think that using the Bat is like using a nuclear weapon - probably plenty of Lunars are driven mad whenever the Bat shows up. Let's assume the Bat comes from the Northwest - disperse the Lunars to the East of Whitewall about a mile or two away. Huge storm brews, forcing the Lunars to disperse even more - but no big deal the glowing Crimson Nuclear Bomb will take care of the defenders. Except the Glowspot disappears and the storm keeps raging.