RE: Re: Winds, winds and more (7) Winds

From: Jeff Richard <richj_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 14:39:13 -0800

Jane:

> > Kind of hard to be a hermit at the Volsaxi tribal
> > capital....
> The one that I thought we'd said was usually deserted,
> unless there's a siege going on?

        Not really deserted. Whitewall is big enough (and potentially important enough) to have a population of 5000-10000. However, it is very inaccessible and economically worthless. As a result, it has a permanent population of 1000-1500 people or about the size of Clearwine.

> > Yeah, I was imagining that the Humakti present form
> > Broyan's "sword" -
> > "in his sword howled a hundred men."
> Sure, that works too.

        This can be read a zillion ways - maybe the Humakti are doing a massive augment of Broyan's offensive ability. Maybe the Humatki form a temporary heroband that attacks the Bat Guards. Just depends on what your campaign needs.

> > Or there is always the Earth Wind. Or we can got
> > with the "Kolating"
> > model. Or we can just make sure there are seven
> > heroes and call them the 7 winds.
> All sorts of options! Leaving it up to narrator
> discretion being a major one. They may need a PC hero
> in there/ Or the NPC ther PCs are attached to to
> either be there, or be elsewhere.

        Exactly. I think we just make sure that there are seven heroes and call them the 7 winds. We know that there are Broyan, Kallyr, Leika, and (Orngerin or Elmalandti). There should probably be an Uroxi hero (from Prax? from the Print? from Sartar?). That leaves us with two more and one should be reserved for PC heroes or their leader (unless they already follow one of the winds).

        Jeff