Re: Re: The Bat-Blat

From: kmnellist_at_...
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 16:28:54 EST

donald writes:

> This sounds very sophisticated for the Bat. I understood the priorities
> were -
> 1. Keeping the damn thing fed.
> 2. Feeding it on enemies by preference.
> 3. Destroying enemies who were causing problems.

Here is a theory I came up with when I created a board game for Jannisors rebellion:
Assumptions:
The rotating searchlight of the moon meant the board was split into 7 segements corresponding to different phases. The Bat needed to feed based on the phase of the moon, not on the day of the week.
The Bat could keep flying at a movement rate of 8.

It could therefore stay in full moon power as long as it stayed close enough to the crater and did not stop moving (or get too dizzy, contantly flying around the moon like a monster moth)

Applying this to the modern era, there might be some bat navigation route that keeps the bat in the full moon phase (or at least out of Black and Dying) for several days longer than might be expected, and also result in other, hard to fathom movements. Of course, at the distance of Whitewall the bats movement is too slow to be much use keeping up with the rotating moon. Besides, I forget which way the moon turns.

Keith