Re: Re: Bat-Blat

From: kmnellist_at_...
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 03:04:22 EST

In a message dated 21/03/04 02:41:14 GMT Standard Time, TTrotsky_at_... writes:

> They'd have to be freaking big insects, but, yes, it resembles an
> insectivorous bat (though, what with the tentacles and all, probably not
> any specific type thereof). As Benedict points out, a giant fruit bat
> isn't exactly reminiscent of a scary death-god anyway

I have always pictured it as one of those vampire bats that crawl around a lot licking the bleeding heels of goats and cows. I think the Crimson Bat also crawls around on the floor a fair bit; this is how I picture it feeding for the most part. Swooping and flapping about seem too energetic and exciting and I see the Bat Priests doing their best not to get it too excited. As an aside, this is also how I see that other gruesome bat/sloth god, Tsathhogua.

Keith