Re: The Scimitar and the Bat

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_...>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 21:57:55 +0000 (GMT)

Nick Brooke:
> One thing I'll add to the mix: IMO (and as expressed in my "The Scimitar
> and the Bat" misc. note to the Yanafal Tarnils cult in Tales #17, cf.
> below), the Lunar Army is about as keen on use of the Crimson Bat as the
> US Army would be on the use of tac-nukes, biological/chemical warfare,
> etc. (And looking at that Chaos Scream, you can understand why).

After all, half of the people sent mad by the Bat who made up the first Mad Sultanate were members of the Lunar army who were present when the Bat screamed and Chaos was used.

> Resorting to the use of the Bat at Whitewall *could* mean somebody
> outside the normal military decision-making process has forced something
> unwelcome upon the Army.

In the same way as when, in the film "Braveheart", the King orders his archers to fire and someone points out that he will hit his own troops and he says "Yes, but we'll hit theirs as well".

Simon