Re: Alternate explanations

From: Charles Corrigan <charles_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 17:29:11 -0000

> But it does look as if what Kallyr was doing during
> Iceland was something very much like an LBQ. Orlanth
> comes alive again (sort of), and Voria turns up in
> person (erm, Compromise, anybody??)

It just came to me to connect Kallyr's semi-failed short LBQ as mentioned in KoS with Iceland/OiD. I do not have the sources with me, but from memory:

KoS: Kallyr started the Stationary (short) LBQ but met a fully powered up Lunar HQer at the start of the quest and lost most of her companions.

OiD: Kallyr arrives at the scene of the battle of Iceland, frozen in a block of ice with a (womans?) boot embedded in her side.

OiD/BA: Isn't one of the Lunars women detailed in BA or OiD described to be Kallyr's HQ enemy though both of them are only begining to suspect it.

If this is true, then it would be unlikely that Kallyr is leading an LBQ at Whitewall. For that matter, given the greater mythic cycles that major events & sequences echo, it would make it likely that a different and "earlier" myth of Orlanth and his enemies is being enacted at Whitewall. So I would suggest that it is Vingkot sacrificing to bring Orlanth back.

And as these things go, we should be looking for someone to act as a Hantrafal figure to teach Vingkot how to sacrifice to Orlanth. I would suggest an Issaries or Lankhor Mhy would be most appropriate (my bias from the Firebull campaign would be to suggest an Issaries the Guide :-) ).

regards,
Charles