Re: Retrofitting Fimbulwinter into KoS

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 04:52:38 -0000

Jane wrote:
>> Also I think that its not good to get too bogged
>> down on game  rules.

> True, but we really can't go around saying that a
> major part of a published scenario can only work if
> you ignore the published rules! If it doesn't work,
> then either the rules are wrong, the scenario's wrong,
> or we're misunderstanding something.

I have to agree with Jane. We owe it to "HeroQuest" to try to make things work within the rules. If it absolutely can't be done, then we should write an account of what's either *special* (in this case) or what rules should be *changed* (in every case). But we should try to make it work properly, first.

Cheers, Nick